Suburban Furniture's Online Buying Guide
The thought of buying large pieces of furniture online can be foreign to a lot of people. There are a lot of questions that come up in the process, so we put together this handy guide to help you walk through the process.
Where Do I Even Start?
There are a lot of different options for browsing- pick which one works best for you! On our home page, you can scroll down and browse by room, or scroll through some of our most popular living room and bedroom sets. Scrolling down a little further, you can browse through some of our most popular budget options, or you can even shop by style if that’s your thing.
If you have a good idea of what you’re searching for, go to the top of the home page, and click “Start Shopping”- this will open a whole menu of options, sorted by room. (If you’re on a phone, look for the three lines in the top left corner.) There’s even a yellow button that says Shop In Stock, which will show you all the pieces we have that are ready for quick delivery. This is a great place to look if you need something quickly!
How Do I Narrow My Choices?
When you pull up our page with sofas and loveseats, you’ll find 78 pages of options- way too many to sort through! If you’re on a phone, click the “Filter” button on the top right to bring up a whole list of options which will help you narrow your choices- you can sort by size, price, color, availability, and a ton of other things. If you’re on a computer, you’ll find some of these options along the top (type, material, color, etc.) and the other options along the left side of the page.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Let’s say you’re in love with this gorgeous sofa by Craftmaster. Now that you’ve clicked on this item, you can find a wealth of information about the piece. Right after the pictures, you’ll see some little labels:
• In Stock: this item is in the warehouse and ready to deliver! (But we do suggest you double-check first!)
• Come See It: this item is on display on our showroom floor
• Customize Me: there are custom choices available on this piece, like custom fabrics. Just be aware- some fabrics could change the price!
You might also see labels about if it’s eligible for a current sale, or other notes.
After that, you’ll see the current sale price and some other information. If you keep scrolling down, you’ll find the dimensions of the piece, as well as a description. Under that, you’ll be able to browse other pieces in the collection, as well as other pieces that are similar to the one you’re viewing. Further down the page are even more technical details.
By the way, if you’re looking at something that’s a group of pieces like this, you won’t find some of this information. Scroll down a little and find where it says “Items Included In this Group Price.” You can click on each of the items and get more details that way. This is usually a whole dining set, bedroom set, or entire living room group- you’ll have to click on each of the pieces individually to get more details about that specific item.
There is lots of helpful information on this page!
Okay, you’ve convinced me and I’m ready to buy. How do I check out?
Wow, that was easy.
Do you want me to buy this or not?
Okay, okay, sorry...hopefully by now you’ve found the Add to Cart button on the item. If you haven’t, click that and it’ll add it to your cart. Once you’re at the checkout page, you’ll see a list of the item(s) you’ve added. Punch in your zip code to get an estimate of how much delivery will be (you’re not committing to delivery at this point, by the way!), and then enter a promo code if you have one, to make sure it applies. Then click the blue Checkout button. You can choose to checkout as a guest or you can create an account- we obviously suggest you create an account!
After that, it’ll ask for all your relevant information, and then ask you a few questions:
• Delivery Method: you can choose:
• White-glove delivery: our team will bring the items into your home and perform any assembly/setup. There is a fee for this service.
• Curbside delivery: our team will leave the items at your curb, meaning you’re responsible for bringing it inside and setting it up. This is free with a minimum purchase of $1000.
• Pickup: You can pick your items up for free at our warehouse in Mine Hill, with no minimum purchase.
• Delivery notes: if there’s something we need to know about your delivery (to a certain door of your house, where your house is located, etc.), put those notes here.
• Salesperson name: If you’ve been working with someone that helped you with your purchase, enter their name here so they get credit for the sale.
As you continue to Billing, make sure you re-enter the Promo Code to apply it to your purchase. You can choose to pay with your own credit card, or your Suburban Furniture financing account if you have one. (Don’t have one? Apply here!)
That’s it...you did it! One of our salespeople will reach out to you to confirm the purchase, and let you know any other relevant information like the lead time.
Step 1 of the shopping cart...click Checkout to finish the process
Got any other tips, smart guy?
As a matter of fact, I do! Thanks for asking!
• As mentioned above, Shop In-Stock is a great place to start if you’re browsing- but our in-stock merchandise sells quickly, so it’s always a good idea to double-check with us.
• Online shopping isn’t just for people who want to shop online- it’s great if you’ve already been in the store, already know what you want, and don’t feel like coming back to the store. Ask your salesperson to send you an email with a link to the items, so it’s easy to purchase when you get home.
• Worried about colors? We all know that colors on a computer/phone screen might not be 100% accurate. If you’re getting a new piece of furniture, you’re generally pretty safe if you stick to neutral colors. However, if you’re trying to match a piece that you already have, you’ll probably want to come into the store to see it, or at least find out if you can get a sample of the color
• Worried about size? There are two ways to ensure that the piece you’re getting will fit in your space:
• If you already have a piece in the room, measure the piece that’s there and compare it with what you’re ordering. If your current bedroom dresser is 60 inches wide and you’re ordering one that’s 66 inches wide, you just need to make sure you have that extra six inches of space.
• If you’re working with an empty space or empty room, visualize the dimensions by putting pieces of tape on the floor, in the size of what you’re looking to order. This will give you a great visual- you can even try walking around the tape to make sure you have enough space to move. Put a piece of tape on the wall to show the height of the piece, too.
Time for the question nobody likes...what if I get it and I don’t like it?
Great question. You can find our detailed return policies here, but in summary: you’re not stuck with it. If you’re not happy with it, contact the store and we’ll arrange to pick the item(s) up. There are some restocking fees involved:
|You want to re-select a new item
|You just want to return it
|If the item was in stock
|If the item was special-ordered
In addition, if you had the item delivered, delivery fees are not refundable- the delivery team did what we asked them to do by bringing it to your home, so they deserve to be paid.
This is now almost 1500 words, but what if I have other questions?
Please feel free to reach out. If you’re on our website, you’ll see a button for our Live Chat service on the bottom right- it’s a great way to get your question answered quickly. If nobody is available, leave us a message and someone will get back to you. You can also email us at email@example.com, or call and talk to a real human being at (973) 927-7100. Ask for one of our Digital Sales Specialists!